Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tonight, or should I say, tomorrow morning, a new chapter begins. At around 2:30 am, I will toss off the covers and totter into the bathroom. In all likelihood, I'll look in the mirror and grimace at my stupid o'clock in the morning tired and groggy, sleep-lined face and wonder WTF I was thinking when I signed up to be a baking intern.

But perhaps not. Only time will tell. I'm hoping to fall asleep at 9 tonight. The red wine isn't helping thus far and I'm wired as a Ren & Stimpy short. Perhaps it was that extra dark and delicious Theo salted almond dark chocolate bar I nommed at the office this afternoon. The Big W is snoozing on the couch and I'm updating my blog and thinking of all I could accomplish if I just stay the course and skip sleep altogether.

My pies (A&B) for the Oakland Museum's Seed Circus Pie Contest - A was the winner
How did I get here? I won a pie contest and chatted up one of the judges. It turns out we have a lot in common- a freakish lot- and now I am interning and also working the farmer's market, selling plump and scrumptious scones, galettes and the like. I am seriously grateful to her for letting me tag along. I try not to appear too overexcited about our adventures, but I'm having a lot of fun and my brain is exploding with ideas.

Soooo.... here's to waking before the sun and baking away the morning. More when I return...

No comments: